Look for one and you will find several companies that offer lawn mowing service and each claim to be better than the other who has already claimed to be the best. In such times, choosing a reliable service and avoid scams can really be overwhelming if you do not know the right way and follow the specific guidelines.
Apart from the service claims aspect, you will also have to consider several other aspects as well while making your selection to ensure that you do not end up hiring a scam company. These factors include:
- Cost of service
- Reputation in the market
- Types of services provided
- Inclusions and exclusions
- Credential and credibility
- Reviews and testimonials and lots more.
The Cost Factor:
Be it a taxi service or lawn mowing service, cost of service plays a very significant role in making a selection. Sometimes, people consider this to be the only factor and eventually end up avoiding hiring such services leaving their lawn and garden with a haunting look which invariably reduces the value of their property as well. Ideally, hiring a professional service will not cost you much and remember cost does not always relate to monetary value.
Consider the varied services that are included in the cost of say fifty dollars maximum. Apart from that consider the fact that you do not have to do any of those drudgery hard yard work. All you have to do is pick up your phone and punch the number in the dialing keypad. In turn, you get some priceless benefits that include:
- Freedom from the hard labor under the sun
- Professionally manicured garden
- Proper and matching landscaping
- Tips for maintenance and care
- No need to worry about burst pipeline or equipment failure
- Relax in the weekend with your family by the poolside and see the experts work in your garden.
DIY or Hire a Pro
Like few homeowners, you may also contemplate the DIY technique and avoid hiring a pro for lawn mowing service. Well, a DIY technique is surely an inexpensive option with the only cost of buying a lawnmower, gas and occasional repairing cost. Therefore, this can be the best option for people who live on a shoestring budget.
On the other hand, a professional will surely charge you more but consider all that trimming, removal of debris and limb, sidewalk edging, blowing off the grass clippings from the curbs, drives, walks, and patios apart from mowing, the cost should not matter if you are wise and judicious. Though the price exceeds DIY process by far, the proud look at the professionally manicured garden/lawn, the benefits of free time in the weekend and others surpass the low-cost factor.
Factors to Choose a Service
There are few factors to consider while choosing a reputable lawn mowing service. These factors include knowing a few facts and asking questions. A list can be enumerated as follows:
- Knowing what you want for the lawn mowing service
- Asking about the methods, tools, and philosophy of the company
- Types of fertilizers used
- Pest control methods
- Asking about the prices, packages, and types of services provided
- Are there any obligatory contracts and agreements?
- Do they provide free estimates and conduct an on-site inspection?
- Charge for service calls
- Services provided before and after the actual work starts and
- Find out what is guaranteed.
Tips to Avoid Scams
The best way to avoid scams is to hire lawn mowing service that your neighbors hire. Make sure you check the license and certification to apply lawn care products as per the requirement of your state. Also, check up with the Better Business Bureau to know their service record.
Do not hire a company that quotes without inspection and get everything in writing before you sign the contract.
Last Updated on